Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and far better general wellness for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of actual pet healthy protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does seem that lots of dogs that have previously suffered some belly issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s component listing:
- Actual meat is the top component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish contains a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his eats– just a great reason to finish off the ice cream), I read through the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I need to say– actually, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to another without any progressive transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question folks that claim that a specific brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might relate to not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, before finally switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever earned any kind of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in attitude absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of problem toys, I was initially a little worried about changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp and sticky , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to begin using more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to use along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is really soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergies, enhanced energy as well as– sometimes– even some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a few big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all basic indications of enhanced health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t quickly discover until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his licking and also scratching . I really did not make any particular note or observations concerning his irritation when I changed Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and scratching far more than he did in the past.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, indicating that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This implies I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly explore various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be beyond many pet parents’ spending plans.
However– it deserves considering a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and also initiative saved considering that you will not require to consistently visit PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might additionally suggest less journeys to the vet’s office, conserving significant money over time and also potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least attempting as well as exploring with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for digestion + might reduce some health and wellness problems and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still providing several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with many challenge playthings
- Slightly extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog terrific grub, most definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an impressive ingredient list. While Ollie is a great choice for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth examining as well as trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any type of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he adored the food, and also it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, be careful– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t forget, you can also get wonderful price cuts on your first order of Ollie with several of the deals mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?