Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more power, and also better total health for their canines.
- Unique discount for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing huge quantities of genuine pet protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does seem that several pet dogs that have actually previously endured some tummy concerns or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the primary active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish has a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant space for his eats– simply a excellent justification to finish off the ice cream), I check out the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I need to claim– truly, really valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to an additional with no gradual change is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question folks who declare that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can concern not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to finally switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never made any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely enjoys consuming his supper out of challenge toys, I was at first a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply chose to start using extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to make use of combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is very calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have actually born witness observing a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergies, improved energy as well as– sometimes– also some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a few big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all basic signs of improved wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t instantly observe up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his scraping and licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any certain note or observations regarding his itching.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping much more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, indicating that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had been helping with. This implies I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will trying out various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the size as well as needs of your dog, however Ollie costs roughly anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of several pet parents’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth considering several of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time and effort saved given that you will not require to routinely visit PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can likewise mean fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major cash gradually as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not forget– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the idea of at least attempting as well as trying out with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some health and wellness concerns and allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for careful handling like raw food does, while still supplying several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of problem playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog terrific grub, absolutely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an impressive active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any dog, proprietors of dogs who are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth examining and trying for yourself if the advantages deserve the price. While I didn’t see any amazing modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, and it appears like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you could have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those big young puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog (bigger dogs call for ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t neglect, you can also get great discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?