Ollie Fresh Pet Food Turkey Recipe
Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and better overall wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of actual pet healthy protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does appear that numerous pets that have previously experienced some stomach problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the number one ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish includes a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his eats– just a great justification to round off the ice cream), I review the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to say– really, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to another without any progressive transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always question individuals who claim that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could involve not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to ultimately changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever gained any sort of response from Remy in the past. He usually just socializes or rests until I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in attitude absolutely appears to show that he’s a big follower. That, and also the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of challenge playthings.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp and also sticky , many of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just determined to begin making use of much more LickiMats and packed Kongs as well as it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite amazing tool to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is extremely comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced energy and– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I notice any type of type of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all basic indications of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t immediately observe until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his licking and also damaging . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of certain note or observations regarding his irritation.
However, when turning off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also scratching much more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will trying out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the size and demands of your dog, however Ollie prices about anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing price vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and also initiative saved since you will not need to routinely go to PetSmart and carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could also mean fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving major money in time and potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at least trying out as well as attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + might ease some wellness concerns and allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need careful dealing with like raw food does, while still providing some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge playthings
- Somewhat more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog great grub, definitely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an remarkable ingredient list. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs who are picky eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth assessing and also trying on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I didn’t see any type of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he loved the food, and also it seems like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you might have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not neglect, you can likewise obtain great price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?