Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Several proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more power, and far better overall health for their dogs.
- Unique discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods containing big quantities of genuine pet healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does seem that several pets that have actually formerly endured some belly concerns or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the primary component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– simply a great reason to finish off the ice cream), I go through the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I need to claim– actually, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more without any steady shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I constantly question folks that claim that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or rests up until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude definitely seems to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the large amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious about switching over to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of puzzle playthings.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet as well as sticky , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply decided to start utilizing much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is extremely relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have actually born witness noticing a shinier coat, lowered itching as a result of allergies, enhanced energy and– sometimes– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I discover any kind of sort of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also much less stinky– all basic indicators of better health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not right away notice till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his scraping and also licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of particular note or observations concerning his itchiness.
But, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly explore various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size and demands of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be outside of several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating price vs value.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and also initiative conserved considering that you will not require to regularly check out PetSmart as well as lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might also imply less journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving major cash money in time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of exploring and attempting with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might reduce some health and wellness problems and allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not call for cautious managing like raw food does, while still offering a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with a lot of challenge toys
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog terrific grub, most definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any dog, owners of dogs that are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at the very least worth reviewing and attempting on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he loved the food, and it feels like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you could have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not forget, you can likewise obtain fantastic discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?