Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Many proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and much better overall health for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of actual animal healthy protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does seem that several dogs that have actually formerly experienced some belly problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious components.
Ollie uses four dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– just a excellent excuse to finish off the ice cream), I read through the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and– I have to say– truly, actually beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more without any steady shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question folks who declare that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could relate to not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, prior to finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever earned any kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely appears to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and also the generous amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious regarding switching over to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of problem playthings.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and also wet , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just made a decision to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs as well as it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather awesome tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is extremely comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have born witness observing a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power and– in some cases– also some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I see any type of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a couple of big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all basic signs of improved health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not quickly observe until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking and also damaging . I really did not make any specific note or monitorings concerning his irritation when I changed Remy to Ollie.
But, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping much more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will experiment with various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will depend on the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time as well as effort saved given that you won’t need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart and lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might likewise suggest fewer trips to the vet’s office, conserving serious cash money over time and potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of attempting and experimenting with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + might ease some wellness concerns and allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need mindful handling like raw food does, while still offering some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of problem toys
- Somewhat a lot more job than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog excellent grub, definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an outstanding component list. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any type of dog, proprietors of pets that are picky eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth reviewing and also trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any amazing modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, as well as it seems like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you could have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog offers you those big young puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs need ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t neglect, you can additionally obtain great discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the offers stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?