Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more power, as well as far better total wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing huge quantities of genuine pet protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does seem that several pet dogs that have previously experienced some tummy problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious components.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his consumes– simply a great justification to round off the ice cream), I review the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I have to say– actually, truly beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a stray item of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional without any gradual transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I constantly question people that declare that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might involve not properly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any type of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in perspective certainly appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and damp , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just decided to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a quite incredible device to use together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is extremely comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergies, boosted energy and also– in some cases– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I notice any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all general signs of better wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t right away discover till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his licking as well as scraping . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any certain note or monitorings regarding his itching.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching as well as damaging much more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will try out other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses about anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing cost vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time as well as initiative conserved given that you won’t require to frequently see PetSmart as well as lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could also imply less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major cash money in time and potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of exploring and also trying with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + might ease some health issues and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious handling like raw food does, while still supplying several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with many challenge playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog wonderful grub, definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an outstanding ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any type of dog, proprietors of canines who are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth trying and also evaluating for yourself if the benefits are worth the cost. While I really did not see any amazing modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he adored the food, as well as it appears like the food might have helped with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you might have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs require ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can additionally obtain great price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?