Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and also much better overall health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having large quantities of actual animal healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does appear that several pets that have previously endured some tummy problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the top component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies four dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his consumes– simply a excellent reason to round off the ice cream), I review the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I have to say– really, actually helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to one more with no gradual transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine people that claim that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might relate to not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to ultimately changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never earned any sort of response from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in perspective definitely appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little nervous concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky as well as wet , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to begin utilizing much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable tool to use along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and the licking motion is very relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have testified to discovering a shinier layer, decreased itching because of allergic reactions, enhanced energy and also– sometimes– also some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I notice any type of kind of change in Remy? I did see a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic signs of better health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not instantly discover up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his licking and also damaging . I really did not make any kind of specific note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and damaging far more than he did previously.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size and also needs of your dog, however Ollie costs approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet parents’ budgets.
However– it deserves considering several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing price vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time as well as initiative conserved given that you won’t need to consistently visit PetSmart and also lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might also mean fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant cash money over time and also potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the concept of at least attempting and also experimenting with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might reduce some wellness concerns as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of challenge playthings
- Slightly more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog great grub, definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an impressive component checklist. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs who are picky eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth examining and trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he adored the food, and also it appears like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs call for ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t neglect, you can also obtain great price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?