Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as much better total health for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge quantities of real pet protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does seem that lots of pet dogs that have formerly suffered some belly problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the leading active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty components.
Ollie uses four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his consumes– just a excellent reason to finish off the gelato), I review the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I need to say– truly, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to another with no progressive change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always question folks who assert that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can pertain to not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, before ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in mindset definitely appears to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the generous amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his dinner out of challenge playthings.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also wet , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just chose to start making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding tool to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have born witness observing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergies, boosted energy and also– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less smelly– all general indicators of better health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t quickly observe up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his licking and scraping . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of specific note or monitorings regarding his itching.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as scratching far more than he did previously.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will explore other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The specific cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the size as well as requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of lots of pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining expense vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time and also initiative saved given that you will not need to regularly check out PetSmart and carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could likewise mean fewer trips to the vet’s office, conserving severe cash gradually and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of at least attempting and exploring with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + may minimize some wellness concerns and allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for careful taking care of like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with most challenge playthings
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly offer Ollie a try if you desire to offer your dog excellent grub.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an remarkable component listing. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth assessing and also trying on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any amazing modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those big pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff, beware– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t forget, you can likewise get fantastic price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the offers discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?