Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergies, more power, and also much better total health and wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of real pet healthy protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does seem that lots of canines that have previously endured some belly problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video review as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his eats– just a good reason to round off the ice cream), I check out the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I have to say– really, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to another without any steady change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I always examine individuals who claim that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could have to do with not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or rests until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude definitely seems to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of challenge toys, I was initially a little anxious about switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to start utilizing extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite amazing device to utilize together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and the licking movement is extremely soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have actually born witness noticing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved power as well as– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I observe any type of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of improved health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t instantly discover until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking and also scraping . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching and also damaging far more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will explore various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size and requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of lots of pet parents’ spending plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth considering a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, free distribution means time and initiative saved because you will not need to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can likewise indicate less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major money in time and possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of a minimum of attempting as well as experimenting with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + might alleviate some wellness problems as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious handling like raw food does, while still giving several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with many problem toys
- Somewhat more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog terrific grub, certainly give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an excellent component checklist. While Ollie is a excellent option for any type of dog, proprietors of canines that are picky eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at least worth trying and reviewing for yourself if the advantages are worth the price. While I didn’t see any incredible changes in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he loved the food, as well as it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger canines need ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t fail to remember, you can likewise obtain wonderful discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?