Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergies, even more power, and also better overall wellness for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that provides direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods having big quantities of actual animal healthy protein and body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does seem that numerous canines that have formerly endured some tummy problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the primary active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie provides four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his eats– just a good justification to round off the ice cream), I go through the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I need to say– really, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more with no steady shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine individuals who declare that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can have to do with not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to ultimately switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever gained any kind of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in attitude absolutely seems to show that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the large amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely loves eating his dinner out of problem playthings, I was initially a little nervous concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and sticky , many of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to start making use of extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually born witness discovering a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergies, improved energy and– in some cases– even some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what concerning me– did I see any kind of type of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all general indicators of improved wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not promptly notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his licking as well as damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of specific note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
But, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will try out other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the size as well as requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this may be outside of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves taking into consideration a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing price vs value.
For one, free delivery means time as well as effort saved since you won’t require to routinely visit PetSmart and also carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can also indicate less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major cash money over time and also possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least exploring as well as trying with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + might relieve some health and wellness issues as well as allergy problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not need cautious handling like raw food does, while still supplying some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge playthings
- A little more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely give Ollie a try if you want to use your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an remarkable ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any type of dog, owners of canines who are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth attempting and assessing on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any kind of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and it appears like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can likewise obtain wonderful discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?