Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, more power, and better general health and wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of genuine pet healthy protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does appear that lots of pet dogs that have previously experienced some stomach problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s component checklist:
- Actual meat is the primary component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish contains a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious components.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– simply a great justification to finish off the ice cream), I read through the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I have to say– really, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food mistake. Simpler cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another with no gradual transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly examine people that declare that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can pertain to not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to ultimately changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever earned any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in attitude absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food since Remy definitely likes consuming his supper out of problem playthings.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and also damp , much of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to begin using much more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite awesome tool to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is really soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have born witness observing a shinier layer, decreased itching because of allergies, enhanced energy and also– in many cases– also some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I observe any kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all general signs of better wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not immediately observe until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his scraping and also licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any particular note or observations concerning his itchiness.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and damaging far more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly trying out other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the size and also requirements of your dog, however Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves thinking about several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing price vs value.
For one, totally free shipment means time and also effort conserved because you won’t require to regularly check out PetSmart and also lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can likewise suggest fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving severe cash over time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of a minimum of experimenting and also trying with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + may alleviate some wellness concerns as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious handling like raw food does, while still supplying some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge playthings
- Slightly extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog wonderful grub, absolutely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at least worth examining as well as trying on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he adored the food, and it seems like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, beware– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs require ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can likewise obtain great price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?