Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Many owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergies, more energy, and also far better total health for their pets.
- Unique price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of real animal healthy protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does appear that many pets that have actually formerly endured some belly issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the top ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish contains a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can look into our video testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his eats– just a great reason to finish off the ice cream), I go through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I need to say– really, really valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more without any gradual shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I always examine people who declare that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might pertain to not properly moving your dog to a new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, prior to finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never earned any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in attitude certainly appears to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his supper out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as wet , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to begin using a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather amazing tool to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is really soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have testified to observing a shinier layer, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced energy as well as– sometimes– also some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as much less stinky– all general indicators of enhanced health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not right away discover up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and scraping . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or observations regarding his itchiness.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This indicates I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly trying out other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this may be beyond several pet parents’ budgets.
However– it is worth considering a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing cost vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time and also initiative saved since you will not require to regularly visit PetSmart and also haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can also mean less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving severe cash money in time and also potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at the very least trying and trying out with fresh dog food much more possible, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + might alleviate some wellness concerns and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Does not need cautious handling like raw food does, while still providing several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with most challenge playthings
- Somewhat more job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog fantastic grub, definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an excellent component list. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs who are fussy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth examining and also trying on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any type of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he loved the food, and also it looks like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff, beware– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can additionally get fantastic price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?