Ollie E Moon
Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, even more power, and better overall wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of actual pet protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does seem that many pets that have previously experienced some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the leading active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his consumes– simply a great excuse to finish off the gelato), I read through the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I have to state– truly, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a stray item of food make a mess. Easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to one more without any gradual shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always question individuals who claim that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can concern not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never earned any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs around or rests until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was initially a little worried about switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet and also sticky , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply chose to start making use of extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome tool to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking movement is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have demonstrated seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in some cases– also some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I discover any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a few large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all general indicators of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t right away notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his damaging as well as licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of particular note or monitorings concerning his itching.
However, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and also scratching far more than he did previously.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, showing that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will trying out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size as well as needs of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this might be outside of lots of pet parents’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth considering several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs value.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and also initiative saved because you will not need to regularly visit PetSmart and lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could additionally suggest fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving significant money over time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at least attempting and also experimenting with fresh dog food much more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + might reduce some health and wellness problems and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Does not require cautious handling like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with many problem toys
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog fantastic grub, most definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an excellent ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent option for any dog, owners of pets that are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth assessing and attempting on your own if the advantages deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any type of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it looks like the food may have helped with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those big pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can additionally obtain superb discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?