Ollie Dry Dog Food
Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Numerous owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more power, and also much better general wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of actual pet protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does seem that many dogs that have actually previously experienced some belly concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the leading component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish has a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– just a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I need to claim– actually, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a stray item of food make a mess. Less complicated cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another without any progressive change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine individuals that assert that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not effectively moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, before ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever earned any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely seems to show that he’s a large fan. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious about switching to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet and also sticky , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply decided to begin using a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and also it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing device to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is very comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, lowered itching because of allergic reactions, boosted energy as well as– sometimes– even some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I observe any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all general indicators of improved wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t right away observe until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his damaging and also licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of certain note or monitorings regarding his itching.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and also scratching much even more than he did in the past.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will try out various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension and demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, totally free delivery means time and also effort conserved since you will not require to on a regular basis go to PetSmart as well as haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might likewise suggest less trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving significant money over time and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least attempting and also experimenting with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + might relieve some wellness issues and allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require careful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with a lot of challenge playthings
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly give Ollie a shot if you want to supply your dog great grub.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an impressive active ingredient list. While Ollie is a great option for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines that are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth trying and also reviewing on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any miraculous changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he loved the food, and it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those huge puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog ( larger canines call for ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not neglect, you can likewise get wonderful discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?