Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, and better overall health and wellness for their pets.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge quantities of actual animal protein as well as body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does seem that numerous pet dogs that have formerly experienced some tummy issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s component listing:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty components.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can look into our video review also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his consumes– just a excellent excuse to round off the ice cream), I check out the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I have to say– actually, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a stray piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to another with no steady change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly question folks that declare that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before lastly switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never gained any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or rests until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset certainly appears to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of problem playthings, I was initially a little anxious concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet as well as sticky , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to begin utilizing extra LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out great.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding device to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and the licking motion is really relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have testified to seeing a shinier coat, lowered itching because of allergic reactions, boosted energy and– sometimes– also some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I observe any type of sort of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all general indicators of improved health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not quickly notice until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his licking as well as scraping . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any certain note or monitorings concerning his itching.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and damaging a lot more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, showing that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the size as well as requirements of your dog, however Ollie prices roughly anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this might be beyond many pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing cost vs value.
For one, free shipment means time and effort saved because you will not require to regularly visit PetSmart as well as lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can likewise suggest less trips to the vet’s office, saving major money gradually as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least experimenting and attempting with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for digestion + might reduce some health and wellness issues and also allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need careful managing like raw food does, while still providing several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with many puzzle playthings
- A little extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog excellent grub, definitely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an excellent active ingredient list. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth reviewing and attempting for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any type of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he loved the food, as well as it feels like the food may have helped with his allergies.
Be cautious– you might have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can likewise get fantastic discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?