Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergies, more energy, and better total health for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of actual pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does seem that many pet dogs that have formerly experienced some stomach problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Real meat is the primary active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video review as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his eats– just a great excuse to round off the ice cream), I review the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I need to state– really, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional with no steady change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question folks that claim that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can relate to not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs around or rests until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in attitude definitely appears to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and also the massive amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and wet , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just chose to begin making use of more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding device to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and the licking movement is really comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have actually testified to seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergies, improved power and– sometimes– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I see any type of modification in Remy? I did see a few huge changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less stinky– all general signs of better health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t promptly notice till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his scraping and also licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of certain note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching as well as damaging much more than he did in the past.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, indicating that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly trying out other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will rely on the dimension as well as demands of your dog, however Ollie prices approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth thinking about a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing expense vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time and also initiative conserved considering that you won’t require to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could additionally suggest fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving serious money over time and also possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of at the very least attempting as well as trying out with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + might ease some health and wellness issues as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Does not need cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with many puzzle playthings
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a try if you want to supply your dog great grub.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an impressive active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific option for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth trying as well as evaluating on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he was crazy about the food, and it appears like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you might have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the size of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But do not forget, you can additionally obtain wonderful discount rates on your first order of Ollie with several of the bargains discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?