Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, as well as much better overall health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of real pet protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does seem that numerous pet dogs that have actually previously experienced some belly problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other tasty components.
Ollie offers four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can look into our video review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his consumes– simply a good justification to round off the gelato), I go through the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to say– truly, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to another without any progressive shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question folks that assert that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not properly migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never earned any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or rests till I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely seems to show that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of challenge toys, I was originally a little worried regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet and sticky , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just determined to begin using much more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, and the licking movement is really comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have actually born witness discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergies, enhanced energy and– in many cases– also some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less smelly– all general signs of improved health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not immediately see till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking and scratching . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings regarding his itching.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and scraping a lot even more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been assisting with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will trying out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and also needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and also initiative conserved since you will not need to frequently check out PetSmart and also lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could additionally imply fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving serious money in time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at least attempting and exploring with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might minimize some health problems and also allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require careful handling like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with most challenge toys
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just doesn’t function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly give Ollie a shot if you desire to offer your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth attempting and examining on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he adored the food, and also it appears like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets need ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t forget, you can likewise get great discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?