Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Several owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, as well as better overall wellness for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives direct shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of real animal healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does appear that lots of dogs that have formerly endured some stomach issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the number one active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– just a great reason to round off the ice cream), I go through the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I need to say– actually, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to another with no progressive transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I constantly examine folks that declare that a specific brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might have to do with not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to finally switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never earned any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in perspective absolutely seems to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little worried regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as damp , most of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to make use of combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is really calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have actually born witness observing a shinier coat, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in some cases– even some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a few huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all general indicators of enhanced health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t right away notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his scraping and also licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of particular note or observations regarding his irritation.
However, when switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping much more than he did previously.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will try out other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will depend on the size as well as requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices approximately anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this may be outside of many pet parents’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves thinking about several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time as well as initiative saved because you will not need to regularly see PetSmart as well as lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could likewise imply less trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major money over time and potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at least trying as well as trying out with fresh dog food far more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might relieve some wellness problems as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not require cautious managing like raw food does, while still offering several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most puzzle playthings
- A little more job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog fantastic grub, certainly offer Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any dog, owners of pets that are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth attempting as well as reviewing on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any type of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he adored the food, as well as it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those big young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, beware– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
However do not neglect, you can additionally obtain amazing discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?