Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more power, and much better overall health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of genuine pet protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does appear that many pets that have formerly experienced some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component list:
- Real meat is the top component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– simply a excellent excuse to round off the gelato), I review the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I have to state– actually, truly useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a stray item of food make a mess. Less complicated cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to another without any progressive change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always question individuals that claim that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could involve not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, before ultimately changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever earned any type of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get really restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious regarding switching over to fresh dog food because Remy definitely likes consuming his supper out of challenge playthings.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and sticky , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply determined to start making use of extra LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome tool to use together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking activity is really soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have testified to seeing a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergies, enhanced power as well as– sometimes– also some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a few big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as much less smelly– all basic signs of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not instantly discover until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his scraping as well as licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any specific note or observations regarding his itching.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also scratching much more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, indicating that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had been helping with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will experiment with various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond lots of pet parents’ budgets.
However– it deserves considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and effort conserved considering that you will not need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart as well as lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might also suggest less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving major cash in time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting as well as experimenting with fresh dog food far more possible, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may ease some wellness issues and allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still giving a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with many challenge playthings
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely provide Ollie a try if you desire to offer your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an excellent component list. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any type of dog, proprietors of pets who are picky eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have suspicious poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth attempting and examining on your own if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he loved the food, as well as it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, beware– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t forget, you can also obtain fantastic discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?