Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, even more energy, and also better overall health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large amounts of real animal protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does appear that many dogs that have formerly suffered some stomach problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the leading ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his consumes– just a good excuse to round off the ice cream), I check out the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and– I have to say– truly, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional without any steady change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always examine people that declare that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never earned any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the massive amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of problem playthings, I was originally a little anxious regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also wet , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply decided to begin using a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it exercised great.
LickiMats are a rather incredible device to use together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is extremely relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have actually born witness seeing a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced energy and also– in many cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I discover any type of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as much less smelly– all general indications of improved wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t promptly see until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of specific note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and also scraping much more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will experiment with other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the size as well as requirements of your dog, yet Ollie prices approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time and also effort saved given that you won’t require to on a regular basis go to PetSmart as well as haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can additionally mean less trips to the vet’s office, conserving serious money over time and possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at least trying as well as exploring with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for food digestion + may minimize some wellness concerns as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not require mindful managing like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with many challenge toys
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog terrific grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an impressive component listing. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any dog, owners of pets that are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth examining and attempting for yourself if the advantages are worth the price. While I didn’t see any type of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he loved the food, and also it looks like the food may have helped with his allergies.
Be cautious– you might have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog gives you those large young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t forget, you can likewise obtain amazing discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?