Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more power, as well as better general health for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of real animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does seem that several dogs that have previously suffered some tummy concerns or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the number one active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– just a good excuse to round off the ice cream), I read through the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I have to say– actually, actually useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a stray item of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more without any progressive transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I always question people who assert that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never made any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply socializes or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in attitude absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of problem toys, I was at first a little anxious regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet as well as sticky , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply made a decision to start making use of much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a rather amazing tool to utilize along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have actually testified to noticing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergies, boosted power and also– sometimes– also some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I discover any kind of sort of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all general indicators of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not instantly discover till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his scraping and also licking . I really did not make any type of specific note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and also damaging a lot more than he did previously.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been helping with. This indicates I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly try out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The specific cost of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the dimension and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it deserves taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time as well as initiative saved given that you will not require to frequently visit PetSmart as well as haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could also suggest less trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious money in time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of at least attempting and exploring with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for food digestion + might relieve some health issues and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not call for cautious handling like raw food does, while still offering a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle toys
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely provide Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an impressive component checklist. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs that are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth trying and also assessing on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any type of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he adored the food, as well as it looks like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you might have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But do not fail to remember, you can additionally obtain great discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?