Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergies, more power, and much better total health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing large quantities of genuine animal protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does seem that lots of canines that have formerly endured some stomach issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the primary ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his eats– just a excellent justification to round off the ice cream), I review the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I need to say– actually, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a stray item of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional with no gradual transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question folks that declare that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never gained any sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude definitely seems to show that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the copious amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried concerning switching to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of problem toys.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to begin utilizing extra LickiMats and packed Kongs as well as it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking movement is really soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have actually testified to seeing a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergies, boosted energy and– sometimes– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I discover any kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less smelly– all basic indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not immediately observe until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . I didn’t make any specific note or observations concerning his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching as well as scratching much even more than he did previously.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This implies I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will explore other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size and demands of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be beyond many pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time as well as initiative saved considering that you will not require to routinely go to PetSmart and also carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could also imply less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving severe money gradually as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of a minimum of attempting and experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for food digestion + may alleviate some health problems and allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for careful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with a lot of puzzle playthings
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a great choice for any kind of dog, owners of pets that are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth assessing and attempting on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any kind of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he was crazy about the food, as well as it feels like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog provides you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger canines call for ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t fail to remember, you can additionally obtain superb discounts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the deals mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?