Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, even more energy, and also far better overall health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing big quantities of real pet protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does appear that several pet dogs that have actually formerly suffered some stomach issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the number one component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious components.
Ollie supplies four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a good reason to round off the gelato), I check out the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I need to state– actually, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Much easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to an additional without any progressive change is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine people that claim that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can concern not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never earned any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs out or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get really restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in perspective absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of challenge toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also damp , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to start making use of a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible device to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and the licking movement is extremely calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have actually testified to noticing a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergies, enhanced power and– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I discover any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all basic indications of better health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t instantly discover until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his damaging and also licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of specific note or observations concerning his itching.
But, when switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and also scratching a lot more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will try out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this might be beyond several pet parents’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth considering several of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time as well as effort conserved because you will not require to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and also haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can also mean fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving major cash gradually as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting as well as exploring with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + may ease some health and wellness problems as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most problem playthings
- Slightly extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog excellent grub, absolutely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any type of dog, proprietors of pets who are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth attempting and also reviewing on your own if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any kind of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he loved the food, as well as it looks like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, be careful– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet do not forget, you can additionally obtain superb discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?