Ollie Dog Food Vomiting
Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more energy, as well as far better total wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of real animal protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does seem that several pets that have formerly experienced some belly problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the leading ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his eats– just a excellent reason to round off the gelato), I go through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I have to claim– really, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more with no steady shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I constantly question people who claim that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can relate to not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, before finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never earned any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was at first a little worried regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to start using extra LickiMats and packed Kongs and it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a rather awesome device to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and the licking activity is really soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have actually born witness noticing a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergies, boosted power and also– in many cases– even some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I observe any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of enhanced health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t promptly see up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his scraping and licking . I really did not make any certain note or observations regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping much more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This implies I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly explore other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices approximately anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this may be outside of many pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining price vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and also initiative saved because you will not require to on a regular basis see PetSmart and also haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting can additionally suggest less trips to the vet’s office, saving major money over time and possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at least attempting and trying out with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for food digestion + may minimize some health problems and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not require careful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge playthings
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly offer Ollie a try if you desire to use your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an impressive active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific option for any dog, owners of pets who are picky eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will particularly gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth reviewing and also trying on your own if the benefits are worth the cost. While I really did not see any amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he adored the food, and it feels like the food may have helped with his allergies.
Be cautious– you may have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can likewise obtain superb discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?