Ollie Dog Food Video
Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Lots of proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more power, as well as far better general health for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of real animal protein as well as body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does seem that many pets that have previously suffered some belly concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe includes a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I need to say– truly, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Easier cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more without any steady transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always examine people that claim that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could relate to not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never earned any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in attitude absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of problem playthings.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp as well as sticky , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply decided to begin utilizing much more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to use together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and the licking motion is really comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have actually testified to noticing a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergic reactions, enhanced energy and also– sometimes– also some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as much less smelly– all basic indicators of better wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not instantly see till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking and also scratching . I really did not make any kind of particular note or monitorings regarding his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching as well as scratching far more than he did in the past.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly trying out various other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie prices about anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this may be beyond numerous pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves thinking about a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing cost vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time as well as effort saved because you won’t require to frequently go to PetSmart and lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might also mean fewer trips to the vet’s office, saving significant cash money over time and possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least trying out and also attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + might ease some wellness problems and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need careful handling like raw food does, while still giving several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge toys
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog great grub, absolutely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an impressive component list. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any dog, owners of pets that are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth trying and evaluating for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any type of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those large pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things, be careful– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However do not neglect, you can additionally obtain great discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the bargains pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?