Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Many owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and also much better overall wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large quantities of genuine pet protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does seem that numerous dogs that have formerly experienced some tummy concerns or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish contains a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his consumes– simply a excellent reason to finish off the ice cream), I read through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I have to say– really, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to another with no progressive change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine folks who declare that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever made any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious regarding changing to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely likes eating his supper out of challenge playthings.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and sticky , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just determined to start making use of more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is really soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have actually testified to observing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved power as well as– in many cases– also some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I observe any type of type of modification in Remy? I did observe a few big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all general signs of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t quickly see until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his damaging and also licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any certain note or observations concerning his itching.
However, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did in the past.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly try out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves considering several of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing cost vs value.
For one, free delivery means time as well as initiative conserved since you will not need to regularly see PetSmart as well as haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can likewise mean fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving major money gradually and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the concept of a minimum of attempting and also experimenting with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + may alleviate some wellness issues as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not need cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle playthings
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely give Ollie a try if you want to supply your dog excellent grub.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an impressive ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great choice for any type of dog, owners of dogs that are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth trying as well as examining for yourself if the benefits deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any type of amazing changes in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he loved the food, and also it feels like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t neglect, you can additionally get superb discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?