Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, more power, as well as far better total health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods having large amounts of actual pet protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does seem that numerous pets that have formerly suffered some belly problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the number one active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe contains a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his consumes– just a excellent excuse to finish off the gelato), I go through the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I have to claim– really, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to one more without any progressive change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine individuals that claim that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could pertain to not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, before lastly switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever made any kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or rests until I call him over for dinner.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely appears to show that he’s a big fan. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was at first a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and sticky , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just decided to start utilizing much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding device to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is really soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have actually born witness discovering a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and– sometimes– even some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I observe any type of sort of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all basic indications of better wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t promptly see until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his scraping as well as licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any specific note or observations regarding his itchiness.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and also scraping far more than he did previously.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will try out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth considering several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining expense vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and initiative saved given that you will not need to routinely check out PetSmart and lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can also mean fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving major cash money with time and potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of a minimum of experimenting as well as attempting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + might ease some health issues as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Does not call for careful dealing with like raw food does, while still offering several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with most puzzle playthings
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely give Ollie a try if you want to use your dog terrific grub.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an outstanding ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth trying and also evaluating for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he loved the food, as well as it seems like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you could have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those huge pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
However do not forget, you can likewise obtain wonderful discount rates on your first order of Ollie with several of the bargains mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?