Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and far better general health for their pet dogs.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge amounts of actual animal protein as well as body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does seem that many pets that have previously suffered some belly concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the leading active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his eats– just a excellent justification to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and– I need to say– actually, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a stray item of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another without any steady change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine folks who claim that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might concern not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to finally changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever gained any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely seems to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and the large amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also wet , much of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply determined to begin using extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a rather amazing tool to utilize along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and the licking motion is very soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have actually testified to discovering a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power and also– sometimes– even some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I discover any kind of change in Remy? I did observe a few large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less stinky– all general signs of enhanced wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t instantly notice till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his licking and also scratching . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of certain note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
However, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching a lot more than he did in the past.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly trying out other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension as well as needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and effort conserved given that you won’t require to on a regular basis check out PetSmart and also lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can additionally mean less trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving significant cash money gradually as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at the very least exploring as well as trying with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might minimize some health concerns as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful managing like raw food does, while still giving some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of puzzle playthings
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just doesn’t function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog fantastic grub, certainly give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an outstanding ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any type of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are picky eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth examining as well as attempting on your own if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any type of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it feels like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Be cautious– you might have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs need ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can likewise obtain great discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?