Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergies, even more energy, and far better general health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of actual pet healthy protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does appear that lots of dogs that have actually previously experienced some belly issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his consumes– just a great reason to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I have to claim– really, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional without any gradual change is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine people that assert that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can concern not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never earned any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in mindset certainly appears to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and also the copious amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely loves eating his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was at first a little anxious about switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and also wet , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply made a decision to start making use of extra LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is extremely relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have born witness seeing a shinier coat, lowered itching because of allergies, boosted power and also– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I observe any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all general indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t quickly observe till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his licking and also scraping . I really did not make any certain note or monitorings concerning his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and also scraping a lot even more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will try out various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension as well as needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time as well as initiative conserved since you won’t need to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and also carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could likewise suggest less journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving severe cash money in time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of trying as well as exploring with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for digestion + may reduce some health issues and allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still giving some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food choice
- Not compatible with most problem playthings
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog wonderful grub, certainly provide Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an impressive component list. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs that are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth evaluating and also attempting for yourself if the benefits are worth the price. While I really did not see any kind of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he loved the food, and it appears like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
However do not fail to remember, you can additionally obtain fantastic price cuts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the deals mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?