Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and far better total health for their pets.
- Unique discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that many canines that have previously endured some belly issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the number one ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe has a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie provides four dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his consumes– simply a great reason to round off the gelato), I review the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I need to say– truly, actually valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food mistake. Much easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to one more without any gradual transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always examine people that assert that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might concern not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, before lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never earned any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just socializes or rests until I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous about switching over to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and sticky , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to begin making use of much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite awesome tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is extremely soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have testified to noticing a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergies, enhanced energy and also– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and a lot less stinky– all basic signs of better health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t right away observe up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his licking and scraping . I didn’t make any type of certain note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and scratching much even more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, indicating that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This implies I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will trying out other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The precise cost of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size and demands of your dog, however Ollie costs approximately anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However, this might be beyond numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth taking into consideration several of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, totally free shipment means time and also effort conserved considering that you won’t require to routinely check out PetSmart and carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might additionally imply fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving serious cash money over time and also potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least exploring as well as trying with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may minimize some health and wellness issues and allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need careful managing like raw food does, while still giving a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge toys
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a shot if you desire to offer your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an excellent ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent option for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs that are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth trying as well as assessing on your own if the advantages deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any amazing modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you could have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those huge puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t fail to remember, you can likewise obtain amazing price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?