Ollie Dog Food Unboxing
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, more energy, as well as much better total health for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of actual animal healthy protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does seem that several pets that have actually formerly suffered some tummy problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting regarding Ollie’s component checklist:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy components.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some significant space for his eats– simply a great justification to finish off the gelato), I review the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I need to claim– actually, really beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Much easier clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to one more without any progressive change is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question individuals that claim that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could pertain to not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, prior to finally switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never gained any sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective certainly appears to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, and the generous amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was initially a little worried concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also damp , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to begin making use of more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable tool to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and the licking motion is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have testified to discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergies, boosted energy and– in some cases– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I notice any kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less smelly– all general indicators of better health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not quickly notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his damaging as well as licking . I really did not make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and scratching much more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will explore various other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it deserves thinking about a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing cost vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time as well as effort saved given that you won’t require to regularly visit PetSmart as well as haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could likewise suggest less trips to the vet’s office, saving serious cash with time and possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of exploring and also attempting with fresh dog food much more possible, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might alleviate some wellness issues as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Does not require mindful handling like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with the majority of problem playthings
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly offer Ollie a shot if you desire to supply your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any dog, owners of canines who are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth attempting and also assessing on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he was crazy about the food, and it feels like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those big pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can also get wonderful discounts on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the offers stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?