Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and better general health for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of genuine pet protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does seem that lots of canines that have formerly endured some belly concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the number one active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe has a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant space for his eats– simply a excellent justification to round off the gelato), I go through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I need to state– actually, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a roaming piece of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more with no gradual change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always question folks that declare that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to finally switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never earned any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of puzzle playthings.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet as well as sticky , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just chose to begin utilizing more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it exercised great.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted power and– sometimes– also some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I notice any sort of modification in Remy? I did observe a few large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all general indications of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t right away observe till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his scratching and also licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of certain note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
But, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping far more than he did previously.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly try out other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will rely on the size and also demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
However– it deserves thinking about a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining price vs value.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and also initiative conserved since you will not need to regularly go to PetSmart and also haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might additionally mean fewer trips to the vet’s office, conserving significant cash money with time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at the very least exploring and also trying with fresh dog food much more possible, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + might alleviate some health and wellness issues and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge toys
- A little a lot more job than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog fantastic grub, certainly provide Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an impressive active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any dog, proprietors of dogs who are particular eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth trying and reviewing on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he adored the food, and also it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Be cautious– you might have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t neglect, you can likewise obtain fantastic price cuts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the deals pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?