Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, more power, and much better overall health and wellness for their pets.
- Special price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge quantities of actual pet protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does seem that lots of canines that have previously experienced some tummy concerns or allergies do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the leading ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty components.
Ollie provides four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his eats– just a excellent reason to finish off the gelato), I go through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I have to state– really, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food mistake. Simpler cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more without any progressive transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question folks who claim that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can have to do with not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to lastly switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never gained any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective certainly appears to show that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the large amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely likes eating his supper out of problem toys, I was initially a little worried regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and damp , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just determined to start making use of much more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking activity is really relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have testified to observing a shinier layer, lowered itching because of allergies, boosted energy and– sometimes– even some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I see any sort of modification in Remy? I did notice a couple of huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all general signs of improved health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not promptly notice up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his licking and scraping . I didn’t make any type of particular note or monitorings regarding his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and also scraping far more than he did previously.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will trying out other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will depend on the dimension as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be beyond several pet parents’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves thinking about a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, free delivery means time as well as effort saved given that you won’t require to regularly visit PetSmart and also carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could also mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving major cash with time and potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at the very least trying out as well as trying with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for food digestion + might relieve some wellness issues and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not require mindful handling like raw food does, while still providing several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge toys
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog fantastic grub, most definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an outstanding ingredient list. While Ollie is a great option for any kind of dog, owners of pets that are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have doubtful poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at least worth attempting and also evaluating for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he loved the food, and also it seems like the food might have aided with his allergies.
Beware– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t neglect, you can likewise get amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with several of the deals discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?