Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Many proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more power, as well as far better overall wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of genuine animal protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does appear that many pets that have formerly suffered some stomach problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Real meat is the primary component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his eats– just a good reason to finish off the gelato), I read through the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I need to state– really, really valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more without any steady transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always question folks who assert that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, before lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little way too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never earned any sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset definitely seems to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was originally a little anxious regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp and also sticky , much of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start using much more LickiMats and packed Kongs as well as it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather incredible device to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is really soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergic reactions, boosted power and also– sometimes– even some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I notice any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a few big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all general signs of improved health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not promptly see until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his scratching as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of certain note or observations regarding his itching.
But, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and also damaging a lot more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly explore other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the size as well as demands of your dog, however Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and also initiative saved since you won’t require to frequently visit PetSmart and also haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can likewise mean fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major cash in time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at least trying as well as trying out with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + might relieve some health concerns and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, firmer, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with many problem toys
- A little more job than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely provide Ollie a shot if you want to provide your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an impressive active ingredient list. While Ollie is a excellent option for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth trying as well as assessing on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I really did not see any type of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he loved the food, and it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those huge puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the size of your dog ( larger canines call for ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can likewise get fantastic discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?