Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more energy, and much better general wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods having large quantities of actual pet protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does appear that numerous pets that have actually previously suffered some belly issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish includes a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his eats– simply a great justification to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I need to say– actually, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a stray item of food mistake. Much easier cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to an additional without any gradual shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine people who assert that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can involve not effectively moving your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any type of response from Remy in the past. He typically just socializes or rests till I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly seems to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and the generous amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely enjoys eating his dinner out of challenge toys, I was originally a little nervous concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky as well as damp , many of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply made a decision to begin using a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it exercised excellent.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to utilize combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and the licking motion is very relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have born witness noticing a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergies, improved power and also– in some cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all general indications of improved health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t right away observe up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and scratching . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of specific note or monitorings regarding his itching.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping much even more than he did in the past.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will trying out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The precise cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size as well as demands of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of many pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it deserves considering a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time as well as effort conserved because you won’t require to routinely see PetSmart and also lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might additionally mean fewer trips to the vet’s office, saving severe cash in time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of attempting and trying out with fresh dog food far more possible, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + may ease some health concerns as well as allergy problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not call for mindful handling like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge playthings
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely provide Ollie a shot if you desire to use your dog excellent grub.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an impressive ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs who are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth attempting and also reviewing for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any kind of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he loved the food, and it looks like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets need ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet don’t forget, you can additionally get fantastic discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the deals mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?