Ollie Dog Food Transition
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, as well as much better overall health for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing big quantities of genuine pet protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that many dogs that have actually previously suffered some belly issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting about Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the number one ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy components.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his consumes– simply a excellent justification to round off the gelato), I check out the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I need to state– actually, actually useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Less complicated cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional with no progressive shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always examine people who assert that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can pertain to not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never gained any type of response from Remy in the past. He usually simply socializes or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get really restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in mindset definitely appears to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of problem toys, I was originally a little nervous concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also wet , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just chose to begin making use of much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to make use of combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and the licking motion is really relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have testified to seeing a shinier layer, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power and also– in many cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I notice any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less smelly– all basic indications of enhanced health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not instantly notice up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his scratching and also licking . I really did not make any specific note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will experiment with other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension as well as needs of your dog, however Ollie costs approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be outside of several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and also initiative saved since you won’t require to regularly go to PetSmart as well as lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can also suggest less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving serious money in time and potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it certainly makes the idea of at least trying and trying out with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for food digestion + may minimize some health and wellness concerns and also allergy issues
- Smaller, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not require careful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying some of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with most puzzle toys
- Slightly a lot more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely offer Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog excellent grub.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an outstanding ingredient list. While Ollie is a excellent option for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth assessing and trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any type of amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he adored the food, as well as it appears like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs need ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can likewise obtain great price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?