Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more power, and much better general wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of actual animal protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does seem that lots of pets that have formerly experienced some tummy problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the primary active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy components.
Ollie supplies four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video evaluation too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his consumes– simply a great justification to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I need to state– really, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray item of food mistake. Easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to one more without any progressive shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question individuals who claim that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might relate to not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, before lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever made any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in attitude absolutely appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of problem toys, I was originally a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet and sticky , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply chose to start utilizing much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite incredible device to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is really soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have actually testified to observing a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergies, boosted energy as well as– in some cases– even some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as much less stinky– all basic signs of enhanced health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not immediately discover up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his scratching and also licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of specific note or monitorings regarding his irritation.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and also scratching much even more than he did previously.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will trying out various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the dimension and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of several pet parents’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it is worth thinking about a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, free distribution means time as well as initiative conserved because you will not require to on a regular basis see PetSmart and lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might likewise mean fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving major cash over time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at least attempting as well as experimenting with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for digestion + might minimize some health and wellness concerns and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for careful handling like raw food does, while still giving several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with most puzzle playthings
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a shot if you desire to use your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an impressive component listing. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any kind of dog, owners of dogs who are particular eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will specifically benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth trying and examining for yourself if the benefits are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible changes in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it seems like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you may have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can also get great discount rates on your first order of Ollie with several of the bargains mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?