Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergies, more energy, and also far better overall health for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of actual pet protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does seem that numerous canines that have actually formerly suffered some belly issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the top ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe includes a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy components.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– just a great reason to finish off the gelato), I review the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I need to say– really, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Much easier cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more with no progressive shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine individuals that assert that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can have to do with not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before finally switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or rests till I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in mindset certainly appears to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little worried concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and wet , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply decided to start making use of much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is extremely soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted power and– in some cases– even some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I observe any type of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less smelly– all general indicators of enhanced wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not immediately observe up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his licking as well as scraping . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his itching.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching as well as damaging much even more than he did in the past.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This implies I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly trying out various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs about anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
However– it is worth thinking about a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, free distribution means time and effort saved since you won’t need to regularly see PetSmart and also haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could additionally mean fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious cash with time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at least experimenting as well as attempting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + might alleviate some wellness concerns as well as allergy issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for careful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle playthings
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog great grub, most definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an excellent component listing. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth examining and attempting on your own if the advantages deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he adored the food, and also it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff, beware– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger canines need ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can likewise get superb discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?