Ollie Dog Food Tech Stack
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as much better overall wellness for their canines.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods including big quantities of real animal protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does appear that numerous canines that have previously experienced some belly concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting concerning Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the number one ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video evaluation also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his eats– just a excellent justification to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and– I need to say– really, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more with no gradual shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine individuals who assert that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever earned any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in perspective definitely seems to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous about changing to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely likes eating his supper out of problem playthings.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and wet , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to begin making use of more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather amazing tool to use in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is extremely relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have actually testified to discovering a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergies, improved power and– sometimes– even some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I discover any type of type of change in Remy? I did see a few huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as much less smelly– all basic indications of improved wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not quickly discover till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his scratching and also licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any particular note or monitorings regarding his itching.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and damaging much even more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, indicating that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly try out other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension as well as needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this might be beyond lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, free delivery means time and effort conserved considering that you won’t require to on a regular basis check out PetSmart as well as carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could additionally imply fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving significant cash gradually as well as possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of at the very least trying out and attempting with fresh dog food much more possible, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for food digestion + may ease some health problems as well as allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still giving a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with most problem playthings
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely provide Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an outstanding component listing. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any dog, owners of pets who are picky eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at the very least worth attempting and also evaluating on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, as well as it appears like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those big young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, beware– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t fail to remember, you can also get great discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?