Ollie Dog Food Sweet Potato
Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more power, and also far better total health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including big quantities of actual animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does appear that lots of canines that have actually previously endured some tummy problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his eats– simply a great reason to round off the gelato), I review the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I have to say– really, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to an additional with no progressive transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always examine folks that claim that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not properly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, before finally switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never gained any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely seems to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried about switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of problem playthings.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and damp , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to start utilizing much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking movement is very comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have born witness discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergies, improved energy and– in some cases– even some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less smelly– all general signs of enhanced wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not immediately see up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his damaging and also licking . I didn’t make any specific note or observations regarding his irritation when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching as well as scratching much more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, indicating that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will trying out other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The precise cost of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size as well as demands of your dog, however Ollie costs about anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining price vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and initiative conserved since you won’t require to regularly go to PetSmart and carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might likewise suggest fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving major cash with time and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least trying as well as trying out with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may minimize some health and wellness issues and allergy problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Does not call for cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with many challenge toys
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a try if you desire to use your dog terrific grub.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a great option for any type of dog, owners of canines that are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at least worth reviewing as well as attempting for yourself if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he was crazy about the food, and it seems like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those huge puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog (bigger canines call for ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can additionally get superb discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?