Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more power, as well as much better total health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of actual pet healthy protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does seem that numerous canines that have previously endured some stomach concerns or allergies do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the leading ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious components.
Ollie provides four dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his eats– just a good reason to round off the ice cream), I go through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I have to state– truly, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more without any steady transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine individuals that declare that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can have to do with not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, before lastly switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never gained any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in attitude absolutely appears to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely enjoys eating his supper out of puzzle playthings, I was at first a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky as well as damp , much of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to begin making use of more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather amazing device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking motion is very relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have born witness observing a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergies, enhanced energy and also– in some cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a few big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all general signs of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not right away discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his scratching as well as licking . I really did not make any kind of particular note or observations concerning his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching as well as scraping much more than he did previously.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, indicating that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly try out other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the size and also demands of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it deserves considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining cost vs value.
For one, totally free shipment means time and also effort saved because you will not need to on a regular basis see PetSmart as well as lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might also imply fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, saving severe cash money gradually as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at least experimenting and trying with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + might alleviate some health concerns and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not compatible with many puzzle toys
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog fantastic grub, most definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an impressive ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any type of dog, owners of pets that are picky eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at the very least worth examining as well as trying for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he adored the food, as well as it looks like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you may have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those big pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can additionally get fantastic discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with several of the deals mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?