Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, as well as better general health for their pets.
- Unique price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of actual pet protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does appear that several dogs that have formerly experienced some stomach issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component checklist:
- Actual meat is the primary active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his consumes– just a excellent excuse to round off the gelato), I check out the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I have to claim– really, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a stray piece of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another with no gradual shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine individuals who claim that a specific brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before ultimately changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever earned any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in perspective certainly appears to show that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous regarding changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of problem playthings.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and damp , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to start using more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather incredible device to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry pets occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have born witness observing a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, improved power and also– sometimes– even some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and a lot less smelly– all basic signs of improved health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t instantly notice until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his scraping and also licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of particular note or observations concerning his itchiness.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and also scratching much more than he did previously.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will trying out other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining price vs value.
For one, free delivery means time and also initiative saved considering that you will not require to regularly visit PetSmart and carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can likewise imply less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major money over time and possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of at least attempting and also trying out with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + might ease some wellness concerns as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not require mindful managing like raw food does, while still supplying some of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of problem playthings
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to offer your dog fantastic grub, definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient list. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any type of dog, proprietors of canines who are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth trying and assessing for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any miraculous changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, as well as it appears like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you may have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog gives you those huge pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs need ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can also get amazing discounts on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the bargains mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?