Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, more energy, and much better overall health and wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge amounts of real animal healthy protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does seem that several dogs that have actually formerly endured some belly issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the primary active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe has a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy components.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his eats– simply a good justification to round off the gelato), I go through the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I need to claim– truly, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more with no steady shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always examine individuals who declare that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might concern not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, before ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever gained any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or rests up until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely seems to show that he’s a big follower. That, and also the generous amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little anxious concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , most of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather amazing device to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is extremely calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have actually testified to discovering a shinier coat, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted power as well as– in many cases– also some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a few huge changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also much less stinky– all basic indicators of improved wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t immediately observe until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his licking as well as scraping . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any particular note or observations regarding his itchiness.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and also scratching much even more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly experiment with various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the size and demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond lots of pet moms and dads’ budgets.
However– it is worth considering a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing price vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time as well as effort conserved since you will not need to frequently check out PetSmart and also haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could also suggest less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving serious money with time and potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at least experimenting as well as trying with fresh dog food far more possible, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + may relieve some health and wellness issues as well as allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not call for careful managing like raw food does, while still offering several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with most challenge playthings
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a shot if you desire to provide your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an remarkable component list. While Ollie is a great choice for any dog, owners of dogs that are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth assessing and attempting for yourself if the advantages deserve the price. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible changes in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he loved the food, as well as it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you could have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t neglect, you can likewise obtain great price cuts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the deals discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?