Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as far better overall health for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing big quantities of genuine animal healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, however it does seem that several pet dogs that have previously endured some belly concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his eats– simply a good reason to finish off the gelato), I read through the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I have to state– really, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a stray item of food mistake. Easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another without any steady shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly question individuals that assert that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, prior to ultimately switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs around or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective absolutely seems to show that he’s a large follower. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of challenge playthings.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and damp , many of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just determined to begin using more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing device to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and the licking motion is very relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have demonstrated discovering a shinier layer, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and– sometimes– even some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any kind of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of huge modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all general indicators of improved wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t quickly see until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking and scraping . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or observations regarding his itching.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and scraping much more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been helping with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will try out various other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the dimension and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this may be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing cost vs worth.
For one, free distribution means time and also effort conserved considering that you won’t require to on a regular basis visit PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can additionally suggest fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving significant money with time and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at least attempting and experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + might reduce some wellness concerns and also allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with many puzzle toys
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply does not work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a shot if you want to supply your dog great grub.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient list. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any dog, proprietors of dogs that are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth trying as well as reviewing on your own if the advantages deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any type of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, as well as it appears like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you might have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t neglect, you can likewise obtain amazing price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the deals pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?