Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergies, even more energy, as well as better overall health for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that provides direct distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of actual pet protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does seem that several dogs that have previously experienced some tummy problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his consumes– simply a good excuse to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I have to say– really, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a stray item of food make a mess. Less complicated cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another without any progressive transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always examine individuals that assert that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not properly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to finally switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever earned any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He usually just socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in mindset definitely appears to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food because Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of challenge toys.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as damp , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to start using much more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and also it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding tool to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is extremely soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have actually born witness discovering a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergies, enhanced power and also– in many cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I see any type of sort of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all basic signs of improved wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t instantly see till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his scratching and also licking . I really did not make any particular note or monitorings regarding his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and also damaging much more than he did in the past.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly trying out other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the size and also needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
However– it deserves thinking about a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing expense vs value.
For one, complimentary distribution means time as well as effort conserved given that you will not require to regularly check out PetSmart and also haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might likewise mean fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving major money over time and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not forget– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of exploring and also trying with fresh dog food much more possible, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + might minimize some health issues and also allergy problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not require careful handling like raw food does, while still offering a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with a lot of challenge toys
- Slightly extra work than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog excellent grub, certainly provide Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an excellent ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a great option for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs that are particular eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at least worth evaluating and trying for yourself if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any type of incredible changes in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he adored the food, as well as it looks like the food might have aided with his allergies.
Be cautious– you may have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog offers you those big young puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can also get wonderful price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?