Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Numerous proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, even more energy, and better total wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods having large amounts of real pet protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does seem that numerous pets that have actually previously endured some tummy problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Real meat is the top active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his consumes– simply a good excuse to finish off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I need to state– truly, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional without any steady change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always examine individuals that declare that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might have to do with not properly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, before lastly switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever earned any kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in perspective definitely appears to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of problem playthings.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to start utilizing more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather amazing tool to use combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and the licking activity is very comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have actually testified to observing a shinier coat, lowered itching as a result of allergies, boosted energy and– in some cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I notice any kind of sort of change in Remy? I did notice a few big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less stinky– all basic signs of better health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t quickly see till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his scraping and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of particular note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
But, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also scraping much more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will experiment with other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will rely on the size as well as requirements of your dog, yet Ollie prices roughly anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing cost vs value.
For one, free delivery means time as well as effort conserved because you won’t need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could likewise suggest less trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major cash money gradually and possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the concept of at least trying out and trying with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some wellness problems and also allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful managing like raw food does, while still supplying some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with many puzzle playthings
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a shot if you desire to use your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any kind of dog, owners of pets who are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will specifically take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth examining and attempting for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any amazing modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he adored the food, and also it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However do not forget, you can likewise get amazing price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?