Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as better general health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including large amounts of real pet healthy protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does appear that many pets that have previously suffered some belly issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– just a good justification to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I have to claim– really, actually helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a stray item of food mistake. Simpler cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more with no progressive transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I constantly examine individuals that claim that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can pertain to not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, before finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never earned any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs around or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous regarding changing to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of problem toys.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply chose to begin utilizing much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding device to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is really calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in some cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all general signs of enhanced health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t promptly notice until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his scraping and also licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of certain note or observations regarding his irritation.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and also damaging a lot more than he did previously.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will explore other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension and demands of your dog, however Ollie costs roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of many pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, free delivery means time and also effort conserved because you won’t need to consistently see PetSmart and haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might also mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major money with time and also potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting and also exploring with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for digestion + may minimize some health and wellness problems and allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not require careful managing like raw food does, while still giving several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with many challenge playthings
- Slightly more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely provide Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog great grub.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent option for any type of dog, owners of dogs that are picky eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth assessing as well as trying on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any type of amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he loved the food, and also it seems like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those huge puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, be careful– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog (bigger dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However do not neglect, you can likewise get wonderful discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?