Ollie Dog Food Serving Size
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and also better overall health for their canines.
- Unique discount for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of real pet healthy protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does appear that several pets that have actually formerly experienced some stomach issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the number one active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy components.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his consumes– simply a good excuse to finish off the gelato), I review the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I need to claim– really, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Less complicated cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to one more with no progressive transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always question people who declare that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can have to do with not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never made any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely seems to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the generous quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of problem playthings, I was initially a little anxious about switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and sticky , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just made a decision to begin utilizing extra LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to make use of combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is extremely relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have actually born witness discovering a shinier layer, decreased itching because of allergies, improved energy and also– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a couple of big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as much less stinky– all general signs of better health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t quickly notice till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his licking and scraping . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any certain note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
However, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching far more than he did in the past.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will trying out various other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The precise cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and requirements of your dog, yet Ollie prices roughly anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of numerous pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves thinking about several of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating expense vs value.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and also initiative saved given that you won’t require to routinely visit PetSmart as well as lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might likewise indicate fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving major cash money with time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at least trying and exploring with fresh dog food much more possible, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some health problems as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not need mindful managing like raw food does, while still offering several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with most problem toys
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a shot if you want to provide your dog terrific grub.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an excellent active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great option for any type of dog, owners of dogs that are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth evaluating and attempting for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any type of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he adored the food, as well as it feels like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those big young puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs call for ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can additionally get amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?