Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, as well as far better overall health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge amounts of real pet protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, but it does appear that lots of dogs that have actually formerly suffered some tummy issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the top ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy components.
Ollie provides four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a good justification to round off the ice cream), I check out the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I have to say– actually, actually useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Simpler cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to another with no steady transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I always question individuals that assert that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not effectively moving your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to lastly switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never made any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in attitude certainly appears to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his supper out of problem playthings, I was initially a little worried regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp and also sticky , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just made a decision to begin utilizing extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is very calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergies, boosted power as well as– in some cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I observe any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few huge changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less smelly– all general signs of enhanced health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t immediately discover up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his licking and also damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of particular note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and also scraping a lot even more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This indicates I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and also requirements of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this might be beyond many pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing cost vs worth.
For one, free delivery means time and also effort conserved because you won’t need to on a regular basis see PetSmart and also haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might also indicate fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major cash money in time as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at the very least trying as well as trying out with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + might ease some health issues as well as allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Does not require mindful managing like raw food does, while still giving a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle playthings
- Somewhat much more job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog wonderful grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any kind of dog, owners of pets who are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth trying and also examining for yourself if the benefits are worth the cost. While I really did not see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he adored the food, and it looks like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those big young puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, be careful– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t fail to remember, you can likewise get amazing discount rates on your first order of Ollie with several of the deals mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?