Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Several proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, even more power, and also much better total health and wellness for their pets.
- Special price cut for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of real animal protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does seem that numerous canines that have actually formerly experienced some stomach issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting concerning Ollie’s component listing:
- Actual meat is the leading ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty components.
Ollie provides four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– just a excellent excuse to finish off the ice cream), I check out the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I need to state– really, truly valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more with no steady transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I constantly question folks who assert that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could relate to not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never made any type of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get very antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in perspective definitely appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves eating his dinner out of problem playthings, I was at first a little worried regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also wet , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply made a decision to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it exercised excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding tool to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is very relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have testified to noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, enhanced energy as well as– in many cases– even some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I discover any kind of change in Remy? I did discover a couple of big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all general indications of better health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t immediately notice up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking and also scratching . I didn’t make any kind of specific note or monitorings regarding his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did previously.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will explore other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices approximately anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this may be beyond numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating price vs worth.
For one, free distribution means time and also initiative conserved since you will not require to regularly see PetSmart and haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can likewise mean less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving significant money gradually and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of a minimum of trying as well as experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + might alleviate some health issues and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying several of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge playthings
- Slightly extra work than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely give Ollie a try if you desire to provide your dog great grub.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an excellent ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great choice for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs that are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at least worth trying as well as reviewing for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those big young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger canines need ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t fail to remember, you can likewise obtain superb price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?